Help Wanted, by Flickr user Egan Snow
Green Car Reports--or, more accurately, our parent High Gear Media--is looking for editorial interns who want to write, publish, and edit content for our network of 39 automotive sites.
Here's what our interns get:
- a broad array of web publishing skills and experience
- published under their own bylines
- training and feedback from experienced editors
- access to product, marketing and business staff
- an inside view of how a venture-funded Internet media company operates
The duties, or at least some of them:
- writing, publishing, and editing online content
- researching and writing articles
- editing and optimizing content: headlines, grammar, style, punctuation
- learning the correct response to, "Where the hell is MY FRICKIN' LATTE?"
What our interns need to have:
- a passion for automotive writing and online media
- excellent writing and editing skills
- familiarity with creating content for online media (links, integrating images, etc.)
- a hunger for working on fast-breaking content with tight deadlines
- Internet access and their own computers
Regrettably, these are unpaid internships (we're a startup). But we're happy to recommend interns who do well for jobs or graduate school. And we can also work with them on getting course credit.
If you're interested--or you know anyone who would be--full details are in the link below.