Everyone looks forward to a holiday, especially when it means a couple days off and some travel or relaxation. With the Labor Day weekend coming up a lot of people are traveling to other destinations. This brought the question up of what kind of car you should rent when out of town. Of course, we are partial to smaller ones, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t fun. As I wrote in my “Great Smart Car Road Trip” article, some cars you just have to experience.
- Smart ForTwo Cabriolet—A car for those who travel light and don’t have more than two passengers. The Smart Car Cabriolet gets as much attention around town as cars 5 times its price and is easy to park in urban settings. More than that, it is one of those cars that is just fun to experience.
- Toyota Prius—For the green traveler, there isn’t a better hybrid to request from your rental counter. Whether you are traveling to the west coast for a little fun in the sun or headed to Chicago for a romp on the Miracle Mile, the Prius is economical not only in its fuel consumption, but most of the time at the rental counter too.
- Ford Mustang Convertible—Now this is top down fun at its best when you are out of town. Whether you pop for the GT 350H (only available at Hertz) or the standard Mustang convertible, this car will have you arriving in style while catching some rays at the same time. Best suited for warm locations where the top never needs to stay up…Miami anyone?
- Chevrolet Camaro—Not everyone is a convertible person, but that doesn’t mean you have to be left out of the cool category. Many rental agencies have the new Camaro in-stock and in two flavors: V6 and SS. Just because you are out of town visiting the folks in Seattle doesn’t mean you have to drive Malibu.
- Mercedes C-Class—Okay, so we know that you might need to carry more than two people comfortably, which is where the Mercedes comes in. Planning a trip to L.A. and need to get around in style while still being able to make the trip to Disneyland? Check out the Mercedes C-Class that comfortably seats four, has the precision of German engineering and will give you that little bit of extra luxury on your vacation.
Already have your car booked for this Labor Day weekend? Then check these cars out on your next holiday. You never know, it might just be the icing on the cake.