The car has featured several times before on Green Car Reports, so below you can find all our previous coverage on the model. The most recent articles are listed first--bookmark this page in your RSS reader to be alerted to future updates.
Best Car To Buy 2014
You may be interested to know that the Cruze Diesel has been nominated for our 'Best Car To Buy' awards for 2014--click on the link for the full details.
The diesel Cruze uses a 2.0-liter, direct injected and turbocharged four-cylinder diesel engine. It's rated at 148 horsepower and 248 pounds-feet of torque at only 2,000 rpm, but there's also an overboost function, raising torque to 280 lb-ft for ten seconds--useful for passing other cars.
The Cruze Diesel is similarly economical to its chief rival, the Volkswagen Jetta TDI, with a combined rating of 33 mpg (27 mpg city, 46 mpg highway). You can find out more at the link below:
That's more expensive than the $21,295 Volkswagen Jetta TDI (excluding destination), but the Cruze is better-equipped as standard, with leather seats, an automatic transmission, alloy wheels and more. Add these to the VW in higher trim levels and pricing is pretty competitive.
Chicago Auto Show launch coverage
- 2014 Chevrolet Cruze Clean Turbo Diesel: Full Details
- 2014 Chevrolet Cruze Clean Turbo Diesel: Chicago Live Photos
- 2016 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Unveiled At Beijing Auto Show (New!)
- Diesel Vs Electric Chevrolet: Cruze Diesel Vs Volt Sales In 2013 (New!)
- 2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel Goes On Sale, To Pull New Buyers To Brand
- GM Engineer Drives 2013 Chevy Cruze Diesel 900 Miles On One Tank
- How Much Myth-Busting Will The Chevy Cruze Diesel Need?
- 2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel: More Details Released By GM
- 2013 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel: Not Just MPG, MPH On Offer Too
- GM CEO Confirms 2013 Chevy Cruze Diesel For U.S.: Report
- 2013 Chevrolet Cruze To Offer 2.0-Liter Clean-Diesel Option