Help Wanted, by Flickr user Egan Snow
High Gear Media, the parent company of AllAboutPrius.com and more than three dozen other automotive websites, is now looking for editorial interns. They'll do a mix of writing, publishing, and editing content across our entire network car-related sites.
Here's what we offer to our interns:
- stories published online under their own names
- a broad variety of web publishing experience and practical skills
- feedback and formal training from veteran editors
- an insider's look at how a venture-funded Internet media company runs
- interaction with product, marketing and business staff
Here's what the interns will do, among (many) other things:
- research, fact-check, and write articles
- write, edit, and publish auto-related content online
- edit and search-optimize content, including headlines, grammar, style, punctuation
- learn the correct response to, "Where the hell is MY FRICKIN' LATTE?"
Here's what you need to have to be a great intern at High Gear Media:
- passion for cars, automotive writing, and online media
- working knowledge of how to create content for online media (links, images, SEO, etc.)
- experience in writing and editing
- real desire to work on tight deadlines and publish fast-breaking content
- Internet access and your own computer
Unfortunately, right now, we can't pay our interns (we are a startup and our funders wouldn't like that). That said, we're happy to help out interns who do well, recommend htem for jobs or graduate school, or work with colleges on getting them course credit.
Are you interested? Know anyone who might be? The full details are linked below; please contact us today!
[JournalismJobs; photo by Flickr user Egan Snow]