Every year, that site asks green-car advocates, diesel fans, and its readers to chose from its list of nominees.
That list (below) includes all 13 passenger vehicles fitted with diesel engines that are sold in the U.S. as 2012 models.
Last year, the winner was the 2011 BMW 335d, but that model isn't sold for 2012. So the field is wide open.
Vote for the Diesel Car of the Year
The list of nominees is split into passenger cars (seven of them):
- Audi A3 TDI
- Mercedes-Benz E 350 Bluetec
- Mercedes-Benz S 350 Bluetec
- Volkswagen Golf TDI
- Volkswagen Jetta Sedan TDI
- Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI
- Volkswagen Passat TDI
and crossover or sport-utility vehicles (six more):
- Audi Q7 TDI
- BMW X5 xDrive35d
- Mercedes-Benz GL 350 Bluetec
- Mercedes-Benz ML 350 Bluetec
- Mercedes-Benz R 350 Bluetec
- Volkswagen Touareg TDI
You can vote for any single vehicle among the 13 that have been nominated. Cast your vote by visiting TheDieselDriver's voting page.