Tesla Motors has a bit of a problem: It needs to keep itself in the public eye between its last electric Roadster and next summer, when its 2012 Model S electric sports sedan is scheduled to arrive.
Toward that end, the company has been publishing regular updates on the new car on its blog.
2013 Tesla Model S exclusive spy shots
We won't excerpt the whole thing here, but below are some of our favorite quotes.
- The "awesome door handles" will only "present themselves when passengers approach the car," or at least that's the plan
- The charging port will be located toward the rear of the car, on the driver's side, and will look "nothing like a traditional fuel door"
- There will be no spare wheel-tire combination, except where it's required by law; instead, the Model S will have a tire inflator kit
- Windows will be frameless, with a short drop to free them when the door opens
- No tow-bar or trailer hitch will be offered on the 2012 Model S
You can read the entire interview at the link below.