Ford C-Max Energi, first revealed at the 2011 Detroit Auto Show
2012 Ford C-Max
How does Ford get to “10 new-generation, fuel-efficient smaller cars?” Check out this list from their press release earlier this morning:
- 2012 Ford Focus—three models including the five-door hatchback, four-door sedan and the all-new wagon to be marketed in Europe.
- Ford Focus ST—the first global performance vehicle from Ford.
- Ford Focus Electric—The first fully electric c-segment passenger car from Ford.
- Ford C-MAX—five passenger model for Europe and other global markets
- Ford C-MAX—seven passenger model for the North American market.
- Ford C-MAX Energi—Ford’s first production plug-in hybrid electric vehicle. Look for it to be introduced in North America in 2012 and Europe in 2013.
- Ford C-MAX Hybrid—Also to be launched in North America in 2012 and in Europe in 2013.
- Global reveal of the new Ford Vertrek compact sport utility vehicle concept.
Bottom line—there are a lot of choices in the Ford C-segment bag of tricks and they aren’t afraid to bring them to the U.S., even with a so-so history of sales. Smaller more efficient cars with highline features are said to be the way of the future—Ford may just leave other competitors in their dust.