Looking for an affordable, yet reliable small or compact used car? Get ready to do some research on your own, but first take a look at the results from Consumer Reports. The magazine analyzed data from their Annual Auto Survey, Reliable Used Cars and Used Cars to Avoid to come up with their Best of the Best used vehicle lists in various categories. The models include those from years 1999 through 2008 and are not specific as to year. Highlights from various years for each of the magazines picks are featured here. These top 5 used small and compact cars can serve as the starting point in your research for your new used set of affordable wheels.
- Honda Civic (2001-2006) Consumer Reports calls the Honda Civic reliable, economical and fun.. Edmunds.com shows dealer retail price ranges for used Honda Civics from $5,274 (2001 models) to $18,167 for 2006 models.
- Toyota Echo (2000-2005) Toyota launched the Echo in 2000 in an attempt to bring younger buyers into the Toyota lineup with a mostly bare-bones model. Powered by a 108-hp 1.5-liter inline 4-cylinder engine, Echo was available in coupe and sedan. Dealer retail used vehicle prices for the 2000 to 2005 Echo range from about $4,393 to $7,468.
- Toyota Corolla (1999-2008) Toyotas 8th generation Corolla (1998-2000) featured an all-new (for 1998) all-aluminum 120-hp 1.8-liter dual overhead cam (DOHC) 4-cylinder engine. According to Edmunds.com, dealer retail price range for used Corollas runs from $3,696-$4,090 (1998) to $11,979-$13,289 (2008)
- Scion xB (2004-2008) Toyotas next new entry, Scion xB wagon, designed to lure younger buyers debuted in 2003 as a 2004 model and was only available in California. After a gradual rollout to markets like New York, Texas and Florida, Scion xB went nationwide in the 2005 model year. Part of the vehicles allure is its ability to be personalized, a big attraction for younger buyers.
- Toyota Matrix/Pontiac Vibe (2003-2008) Both models are listed in Consumer Reports best used small/compact cars and both are fraternal twins from a Toyota/General Motors collaboration. Consumer Guide lists used vehicle prices for Matrix from 2003-2008 from $6,800 to $15,900 and for Vibe from about $7,000 to $14,600.
To read the rest of the article, visit Top 5 Best Used Small/Compact Cars at iSeeCars blog where you'll find more unbiased car buying tips from experts. To start your search of cars for sale, visit https://www.iSeeCars.com,a leading search engine for finding over 2 million cars for sale from more than 11,000 websites.